Adult dyslexia usually results in some serious impacts on the life of the sufferer. If you feel you are suffering from any of the following, you may want to invest in a dyslexia test to know if you have the condition, and how to treat it. The following outlines what some of these impacts are:
Impacts Of Dyslexia On Students
A student with dyslexia may find it very difficult to handle some or all of the following fields:-
- They may have a very bad memory. They may be in a habit of forgetting things very often.
- They may not be able to retain things that have been just told to them.
- They also usually struggle with time management.
- As a result of the neurological disorder, they experience great difficulty in taking down notes.
- Their handwriting can also suffer.
- Adult dyslexia can result in poor spelling. It can be difficult to know what correct grammar or punctuation to use.
- However, the main area of difficulty lies in reading. Sometimes, they even find it hard to recognize the alphabets. They get confused with similar looking words, such as pot and top. They may even read the word “can” as “akney” and so on.
- Their perception can also be largely affected due to the problem. For example, when they attempt to read a particular passage, it may seem as if the alphabets were dancing.
- Concentration can be difficult.
- They can often be restless.
Misconceptions About Dyslexia
There are several misconceptions about adult dyslexia which eventually makes the problem seem much bigger. Most of the times, people do not understand the real problem and they start considering the dyslexic person as dumb and stupid. Because of such behavior, the person loses self-confidence. They start feeling rejected and isolated. However, it is very important to understand that all the negative impacts of dyslexia don’t change that dyslexia doesn’t affect creativity. As per an adult dyslexia test, it has been found that such people can think in pictures and can even present their ideas in the forms of images. They have vivid imagination, which is a considerable strength. If given proper support and encouragement, they can achieve great success.
The latest research and studies have shown that the brain of a person suffering from adult dyslexia functions differently. The portion of the brain that makes the person able to read and comprehend properly is weakened. However, the good news is that such things can be coped with. The only thing is that the success rate of the treatments depends on how early the problems are diagnosed. That is the reason why these days most schools and colleges have made it mandatory for every student to take a dyslexia test. This helps the management to identify those with dyslexia and provide them with proper support and encouragement.Click here to find out if you suffer from Dyslexia!